12,000 troops coming home from Iraq.
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Military says 12,000 troops to withdraw from Iraq - Blogs from CNN.com
Stem-cell ban being lifted by tuesday.
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Obama to sign stem cell executive order Monday - Blogs from CNN.com
The stem cell research can be a good thing as long as embryos don't start being sold like food off the shelf. With this starting I'm sure there will be a increase in abortions for both need of embryo and sale of it also. They need to make sure that the abortions aren't used for birth control. I know alot of people don't believe but an embryo(baby) has a soul when at conception. Thats no different than going out to kill someone by murder.![]()
What in the world are you talking about? The Embryonic stem-cells will be coming from leftover implanted eggs from in vitro fertilization that would otherwise be thrown away. That means the biological parents can choose to either turn the freezer off on them, because they do not want to have anymore kids...or donate them to science for embryonic stem-cell research. So I really don't know where more abortions would come in and thats according to your beliefs with the soul part. Read earlier that it won't take effect for 3-4 more months because there will be new guidelines and laws put into place to prevent such things as you mention may be and that sort of thing. It was just another great move by him and another campaign promise kept.
What I mean't by the abortions was that I feel that there probably will be more because of the lifted federal funding on stem cell research. I know that this is needed to help people with certain sicknesses but I still don't feel good about it. I feel the making of human embryos in labs for scientific purposes is morally wrong but that is just my opinion. You've got your opinion and I've got mine. Everyone is allowed to have one aren't they?
But there was no ban on stem-cell research, there was a ban on federal funding for stem-cell research which was what was lifted. So I really just don't have a clue as to what you are talking about and have no idea how it would cause more abortions.
Looks like he will join all the rest in taxing the middle class to death.
"WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is signaling to Congress that the president could support taxing some employee health benefits, as several influential lawmakers and many economists favor, to help pay for overhauling the health care system.
The proposal is politically problematic for President Obama, however, since it is similar to one he denounced in the presidential campaign as ?the largest middle-class tax increase in history.? Most Americans with insurance get it from their employers, and taxing workers for the benefit is opposed by union leaders and some businesses.
Looks like the small biz doesn't have to worry about raised taxes, the middle class gets it again.NYT: Obama open to taxing health benefits - The New York Times- msnbc.com
__________________
We'll keep the lights on for you.
Spuds
Bookmarks